Well, not really.
Its a different kind of blues.
One that is leaving me wondering what I could’ve done better in Chicago, what I can do better. I should be able to do a better than 6hrs 16min finish, right? Right??
So I have 2 choices now –
Do another marathon in Jan to satisfy my longing for the distance and then a March(maybe not) and the Fall target.
- I can see where my training has left me – if Chicago was my real time, or I have it in me for a bit more.
- I have a decent base, I’ve recovered fast (both physically and mentally).
- The cost would be whew! If the Fall target race is indeed Victoria, I would so much like to do that with the group than go off in Jan alone!
Work to improve speed and strength over winter and do the Target races in March and October. Decide about the future after 2012.
- Although I’ve gotten over being that slow, I really am embarrassed about 6hrs 16min! My half speed isn’t anything much to brag about either (2hrs 49min at Georgia Half in March).
- Would backing off on the marathon in Jan and starting all over with the group in winter (but running the saturday runs in the beginning low mileages faster at 12:30-13:00 instead of 13:30-14:00) help me?
- Any $$ saved would be great for the Fall target race! It would be much easier to convince the husband too!
- October 30th: Atlanta Marathon Relay 5.1 mile leg
- November 24th: Thanksgiving Half Marathon