I love reading blog posts by some amazing people and have found plenty of gems. I thought it would be cool to share it and also to document it so I can come back and look at it whenever I want to. So with that thought, this is a start of my Tuesday Favorites post. (That doesn’t really rhyme. It should be Friday Favorites, but Friday is my Pinspiration Friday. So hmm… “Weekly Favorites”? Or move it to another day in the week?)
- I have to start off this list with an absolutely amazing race! Mo Farah, Haile Gebrsalassie and Kenenisa Bekele ran a half marathon. And what a race it was! There is a video of the entire race, scrub through to the final portions of the race to see the amazing duel! And to see “old man” Gebrsalassie run the race in … I will leave you to find out! I have say that Mo Farah’s look in those final portions is something I hope to never forget and instead draw inspiration from.
- This absolute gem of a post talking about stress by Another Mother Runner Dimity – “I like pressure, I like performing under pressure, I like succeeding under pressure. What I don’t like is pressure that never lets up, which is where my life is right now. It’s important pressure, too. It’s the you’re-in-your-prime-years-of-parenting-and-earning-and-don’t-screw-up-either stress.” This is EXACTLY how I feel. Overwhelmed, hedged in. Going for a run or swim is the only time I can escape this stress.
- I am a tad late to Run at Work Day (this past friday 9/20), but Jesica at rUnLadyLike has some tips about how to get a lunchtime fun run in. For months, I have thought about a lunchtime run. Unfortunately, we don’t have a shower at the office (well, we do. But we need to ask for the key from security. A bit embarrassing at times, I would think.). Maybe the fall and winter sun will push me into taking this initiative.
- My own post earlier this week reflected on borrowing lessons from running/triathlon into life. I found this even more concise and elaborate (and who doesn’t like bullet points compared to essays!) post about 10 Lessons Running Teaches about Life – “When things get tough, keep going.” (This incidentally also happens to be the mantra of my favorite cricketer, so just need to remember it!)
- RunDisney had their inaugural Dumbo Double Dare where you ran a 10k and a half marathon the next. It looks to have been a blast and I wish I could’ve gone! I can live vicariously through some amazing race recaps – Sneakers and Fingerpaints, Run Walk Fastpass Repeat, Margaritas Miles and the Mouse, Slow New Fast and so many more!!
What were some of your favorite posts this week? Share the links and spread the love!