I’m usually not a recipe sharer, mainly because I’m not very experimental and I am bad at taking food photos. Also, I cook a lot of Indian food for which there are better bloggers! But today’s cooking was such an absolute delight that I had to share it! It is the recipe of Cauliflower 65. For those familiar with Indian food this is (apparently) just like Chicken 65, which is a popular appetizer. But adapted for vegetarians using cauliflower.
- One head of cauliflower, cut and blanched
- 3 tsp all purpose flour
- 3-4 tsp corn starch
- ginger garlic paste
- finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 finely chopped Onion
- finely chopped ginger and garlic - 2/3 tsp
- 3-4 tsp of soy sauce
- 2 tsp yogurt
- Blanch the cauliflower florets (add in boiling water for 3-5 minutes and then place in ice cold water until cool to touch) and keep aside.
- In a bowl mix salt, all purpose flour, corn starch and ginger garlic paste into a fairly thick liquid with some water.
- Pour this liquid mixture on top of the blanched cauliflower florets and mix them together so that the florets are completely coated.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the florets (you could also bake them - I'm going to try that soon!) and keep aside.
- start by heating a little oil in a pan.
- Add the finely chopped onion along with the chopped ginger and garlic
- Once the onion has cooked to a slight browning, add soy sauce and yogurt.
- Let it boil until the extra moisture has evaporated.
- Add in the florets and toss.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Except for the process of having to fry the florets, the whole recipe is fairy simple and it took me all of 25 minutes from the time I took the Cauliflower head out of the refrigerator to the time I dug into it with my fork!
Except for the process of having to fry the florets, the whole recipe is fairy simple and it took me all of 25 minutes from the time I took the Cauliflower head out of the refrigerator to the time I dug into it with my fork!
Do you like Indian food? What is your favorite? Do you make any at home?
Also share your favorite recipe for cauliflowers!
Connect with me on other social channels for more tips, inspiration and fun!
- Twitter: @fauxrunner
- Facebook: www.fauxrunner.com/fauxrunner
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/fauxrunner
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/fauxrunner/
- Bloglovin: Follow FauxRunner with Bloglovin