On Friday, I joined the linkup for “Where do you see yourself in 5 years“? There’s a more imperative and pressing question that I have to face instead.
Where do I see myself in 5 WEEKS?
How in the world did the timeline shrink to 5 weeks??
Where? In 5 weeks time, I will be in Augusta, GA.
What? – I will be lined up on the dock, ready to go – either unbearably nervous or unbelievably cheerful.
Who? – The awesome thing about being able to go to Augusta for course preview and the training camp has been meeting other athletes, several of whom are in my age group. Definitely a good thing to be able to share the nerves and joy with friends.
Family? It will be an incredibly long day for them, but I hope they will be there to cheer me as enthusiastically as we did for Mr. FauxTriathlete 2 years ago.
How? I’m going to swim 1.2 miles, bike 56 miles and run 13.1 miles. The task that looked impossible on December 4th when I signed up, and even one that seemed daunting 6 weeks ago when I rode the course. Since then I have (my positive reinforcement for week 5) –
- Got my running legs back for endurance and miles. Speed will come.
- Tried out racing wheels that I’m in love with.
- Working on my nutrition and while I’ve not lost any pounds, the good food in my body can only help.
- Entered the water without issues from the dock and I will again.
- Biked through a suddenly tough day last week where I hung in mentally and didn’t give up even though I stopped for a break.
- Learnt to control my nerves and keep my fears in check.
- Faced major life changes and did not skip a heartbeat, which is a HUGE testament to how much this training has influenced me in real life.
Let’s do this in five weeks !!
Connect with me on other social media channels