I don’t even remember how this recipe came about. I think it may have started from some leftover cooked quinoa. And I probably had read something similar a while back. So I tried to throw things together and came up with this awesomely fresh and delicious Vegetarian Quinoa bowl.
It was nutritious, filling, and I can see this being a favorite in both summer and winter.
So without wasting time on a story about my weekend as this was being prepared or what my kids were upto or my running that day, etc., here is the recipe for the vegetarian quinoa bowl
- Cooked Quinoa
- Finely chopped bell pepper
- Finely chopped jalapeno (use according to personal preferred heat)
- Kernel from 1 corn
- 1 can black beans rinsed
- Chopped cilantro
- For the dressing
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/2 to whole squeezed lime juice
- Over medium heat, mix olive oil and corn until lightly browned.
- Add minced jalapeno depending on personal heat preference.
- Add black beans and salt and pepper and mix for a few minutes until the water from the black beans evaporates.
- In a large bowl, add quinoa and the black bean corn mixture.
- Add chopped cilantro and the dressing.
- Mix and top with roasted pumpkin seeds!