6 months into 2011 already! Time to take a look back at what I have accomplished so far.
- 5k PR at Resolution Run on 1/1 (in pouring rain) in 37:07 @ 11:58. Last year’s time – 41:41
- Half Marathon PR at the Publix GA Half Marathon in 2hrs 49min @ 12:45. Las Year’s time – 3hrs 9min.
- (Have not run a 10k to see my progress)
Race Goals for the reminder of the year
- 5k in under 35 minutes (Revised goal in April)
- 10k in under 1hr 15 minutes
- Half Marathon in under 2hr 40 minutes
- Complete Chicago Marathon Standing up.
- Incorporate strength training – After neglecting this for the first 4 months, I’ve been doing a combination of 30 Day Shred/30 minutes of p90x/free weights.
- Yoga and Stretching to improve flexibility – The p90x DVDs are my goto for this. And I especially like the stretching one. I have been doing this once a week and am also taking time to stretch after every run and foam rolling 1-2 times a week to keep that ITB happy.
- Swimming as crosstraining – I can’t get better without help, but I do need to be able to swim for a bit. And its a great asset to running. I have just started back swimming 1-2 times a week, and find that I have a lot of work to do to get over that initial panic.
- To all my weekday training runs – I’m pretty proud of this in the past month. I’ve finally understood why 4 days of running and I am doing my best to stick to the schedule.
- Speed intervals and Tempo – With my training plan calling for intensity workouts of much shorter duration that I’d tried earlier, it is easy for me to mentally prepare myself to attempt it.
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)