The next in my series of Tuesday Favorites (I’m looking to make this a bi-monthly post!) and I’m excited to share some of my favorite posts.
- This awesome 30min yoga routine for runners from Runners World. I’ve tried a lot of yoga DVDs and some of my own make-up-as-I-go poses and try to target the usual problem spots for runners. This routine hits the sweet spot. I usually get through it in 20 minutes (because I have ADHD like that!), but I’ve seen a good improvement to my IT band and hamstrings.
- This summer, I started off my path to strength and conditioning by joining Tina’s online Best Body Bootcamp. It is a wonderful 8 week program that started easy and had me gasping by the end of it. Tina shared schedules 2 weeks at a time with an accountability log and links/videos to exercises involved. In this post, Tina shares her 10 best workouts! She has the 10 workouts organized so that I can mix and match them according to my running schedule.
- Not running related, but this post from Lorraine of Run Wifey is a gem, highlighting her new outlook towards her relationship with her middle-schooler. True not only with kids, but also with everyone we deal with. People might come at your with a thousand attitudes, but how you respond is what makes you happy or b!tchy. Emotional baggage is what holds us down. Say it together – Ommm……
- All things New York City Marathon. With NYCM taking the big stage this weekend (an even great event after being cancelled last year from Hurricane Sandy), I love this quote from Grete Waitz
- Ironman Florida shared the stage with NYCM!
There was this picture of current Kona Champion, Mirinda Carfrae eating popchips on her run 🙂
— Mirinda Carfrae (@Mirindacarfrae) November 2, 2013
Sadly, a lot of Ironman’s gutsyness was overshadowed by the politics of the Princes of Bahrain racing http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/30/princes-of-bahrain-ironman-and-torture_n_4178929.html .
What were some of your favorite posts this week? Share the links and spread the love!
Connect with me during the week on other social channels for more tips, inspiration and fun!
- Twitter: @fauxrunner
- Facebook: www.fauxrunner.com/fauxrunner
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/fauxrunner
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/fauxrunner/