The week in numbers
22 Weeks to Chicago
- Total mileage of 14 miles
- Long run of 6.18 miles with Get Fit Atlanta
- Cross training with Spin, Swim and Sculpt
- Monday – 6am Spin class for 1hr (First one in over 6 months, tough; glad to have lasted 1hr)
- Tuesday – 2 miles Planned easy run turned into short tempo to save my iPhone after it started raining midway
- Wednesday – 6am Sculpt class (Ouch ouch ouch) AND short 20min swim including initial panic attack
- Thursday – 5.5 miles to run the soreness out. Tough run for the first 4 miles, then a cruising run to the end at an avg. pace of 11:49.
- Friday – Off
- Saturday – Group run with Get Fit Atlanta
- Sunday – Off (My plans never work out on Sunday)
Odds and Ends
- First time cross training with spin, swim and sculpt in over 6 months
- The deep water still gives me a panic attack (even if its just the pool)
- Sculpt class wears me out and its probably too much for my legs to handle – I need to modify my strength training routine and do things by myself. Thanks to the coaches at GetFit for helping me with this.
Plan for Next Week
- 21 Weeks to Chicago
- Run/Walk – M (2-3), T(3-4 speedwork), Th(3-4) S(Group) – Running consecutive days burn me out, but I think I will need to get my feet moving to get stronger physically and mentally. So one of the days could be super easy.
- Strength Training – M(Kenpo X + abs + core), W(Upperbody – free weights + abs + core)
- Swim – W
- Concentrate on Core strengthening exercises
- Try to make it to the Th Yoga class
(Visited 37 times, 1 visits today)