Barbara created this challenge as a means for us to remember the basics needed to continue on our journey to being a stronger runner.
Taking all of 8 minutes, it consists of
- 2minutes foam rolling (I added in 5 min instead of 2, as I can never get anything done in 2min)
- 1 minute plank
- 1 minute side planks (30 sec. Each side)
- 1 minute push-ups (however you need to do them- knees, stability ball, etc.)
- 1 minute clam shells (30 Each side)
- 1minute glute bridges (30 each side)
- 1minute hip hikes
There are none 🙂
- Sign up for the challenge – Leave a comment, committing to the challenge. Encourage me and be encouraged.
- Pin the challenge image and pass on the motivation.
- Tweet/Facebook with #EngageTheBasics if you so feel inclined to.
- Great foam rolling cheat sheet from Greatist – http://pinterest.com/pin/8373949279527900/
- Hip hikes, the why and how – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OwttGWEOB8
- Clamshells and its variations – http://www.livestrong.com/article/359524-clamshell-exercises/
Are you attempting any challenge or planning to start one? Let me know so I can cheer you on.
You can continue the 5:5:5 challenge too! I plan to alternate b/w the two in the AM and PM