13.1 Atlanta Half Marathon – Course and Elevation
- Course starts and end at Oglethorpe University (great finish party).
- The first 2-3 miles (for my speed) were in the dark. The little speed bumps on dark roads were tripping obstacles.
- Small but fun race with no corrals.
- The running in the dark in the beginning may have partly contributed to me going out a tad too quickly.
- The last bit of 2 miles or so on Peachtree St felt like huge long hills.
- UPHILL FINISH!! Seriously, who does that at the end of 13.1 miles. Even the ING Georgia in March with worse hills had the last 0.1 stretch downhill. I could see the finish as I entered the campus, but had to wind down and turn into the campus and then run uphill.
(Visited 360 times, 1 visits today)